Friday, October 1, 2010

Arches National Park, Utah

I'm not sure what I expected to find when I visited the Arches National Park in Utah, but I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived early morning, the weather was simply wonderful. It's best to go into the Visitor's Center first to get an idea of how long the treks will take you, the complexity of the hike, etc. The staff offer advice on the trails - whether suitable for children, or those with limitations.They also caution visitors that plenty of water should be taken on the hikes since none is available on route.

Photo #1  - The Delicate Arch. A three mile roundtrip. Quite a steep climb in places.
Photo#2  -  The Lamb can be viewed from the car
Photo# 3  - The Three Gossips can be viewed from the car.

After the Grand Canyon, I thought I had seen the best of the best...but the Arches National Park has a beauty all its own. The rock formations are truly astounding, and quite beautiful in a way that's hard to describe.

For more information go to: www.nps.gov/arch