2012 Contest Rules
The Unknown Writers’ Contest
Sponsored by the Denver Woman’s Press Club
Enter and Become an Award-Winning Writer!
Fiction, nonfiction and poetry entrants receive constructive feedback from professional writers and editors. For more information call 303-839-1519 or go to www.dwpconline.org.
· Fiction: $25 per entry
· Nonfiction: $25 per entry
· Poetry: $15 per entry (up to three poems per entry)
A separate entry fee of $25 must accompany each fiction and nonfiction entry; $15 must accompany each poetry entry (up to three poems per entry). Please make checks payable to the Denver Woman’s Press Club.
Each entry must include:
· Completed entry form.
· Cover sheet with manuscript title, word count, author’s name and telephone number, and category entered.
· Two copies of each manuscript or poem, with title and page number on each page. Author’s name must not appear on the manuscript or poem.
· Separate fee and form must accompany each entry. Entries must be sent to the address below to the attention of the listed party.
· Self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) large enough for the return of the manuscript or poem pages and judges’ comments. (Four or more pages require extra postage.)
Cash Prizes: Three prizes will be awarded in each category. First prize: $125;
Second prize: $75; Third prize: $50.
Contestants may submit only one entry per category but may enter all categories.
Manuscripts must be typewritten, double-spaced (poems may be single-spaced), one side only, on white paper (8½ x 11 inches).
Submission deadline: March 31, 2012
Unknown Writers’ Contest Reception: Sunday, April 29, 2012.
· Contest is open to both men and women.
· Entrants must be Colorado residents, age 18 or older.
· Entrants have never been professionally published (e.g. never been paid for their work).
· Contestants may not have won first place in the 2011 competition.
· Fiction: Short story. Max. 2,000 words.
· Nonfiction: Essay (personal experience, opinion piece, etc.) Max. 2,000 words.
· Poetry: Entry may include up to three (3) poems. Maximum 100 words each (not including title). Any form.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
It is that time of the year again. The Denver Woman's Press Club are announcing they are accepting submissions to their annual competition. Please go to www.dwponline.org to download the submission form.