Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Denver Botanical Gardens - Henry Moore's Sculptures


Should you find yourself in Denver, Colorado, (or you live in the area) a visit to the Denver Botanical Gardens is a must see. Currently, there are 20 monumental sculptures of the famous Henry Moore throughout the gardens, and it is truly a wonderful sight. I was mesmerized as I turned from one beautiful flower bed to another, and came across yet another of Mr. Moore's work.

As I meandered through the gardens, I found some workers who were carefully harvesting the fruit and vegetables grown in the vegetable patches. I asked what happened to the produce, and was told it was given to food kitchens or other people badly in need. What a wonderful thing for them to do. To demonstrate how to grow food, and then to donate it...well, it warmed my heart.