Monday, July 2, 2007

Death by Chocolate

One of my favorite places to visit in Colonial Williamsburg is the Trellis Restaurant. It was here that I celebrated my recent birthday. I had a wonderful dinner and then ordered the famous dessert -- it was a special treat and one I highly recommend.

Following is an excerpt from the Trellis Restaurant web site.

"Marcel Desaulniers, executive chef and co-owner of the Trellis Restaurant in Colonial Williamsburg, has been named in Food and Wine's Honor Roll of Chefs and Cook's magazine's Who's Who of Cooking. In 1988, he became the first chef from the South to be honored by the James Beard Foundation as a Great American Chef. He has been inducted into the American Academy of Chefs and the Honor Society of the American Culinary Federation, and he is on the Board of Trustees of the Culinary Institute of America. In addition, the Trellis Restaurant has won Restaurant & Institutions magazine's prestigious Ivy Award."